- Duvet made of 100% mulberry silk. Mulberry silk is the highest quality and the most expensive silk you can purchase.
- Silk price increase every year, get it now for some savings!
- Hand-layered for desired weight is achieved, keep your body temperature constant in sleep.
- Silk filled duvet greatly reduces the amount of dust mites in the bedroom , therefore reduce relief for allergy and rheumatism. Soiling, mildew, dust mites and odors resistance.
- 10 year life span makes it a great investment.
- Once you have experienced the softness and pure luxury of a silk duvet, it is very difficult to consider using anything else.
- Our Mulberry silk duvets come complete in 300TC cotton cover with a little inspection zip, discretely stitched into them, simply so the purchaser may inspect the long white silk fibres!. 4 tabs at each corner to secure duvet cover.
- Expect up to 4 weeks processing time, handcrafted beauty takes time.
In a nutshell, you won't get the sweaty night under your big bulky down comforter with the silk duvet. Silk comforter is lightweight, but super warm, and also keeps you cool when you get too hot. You could wake up in the am with the covers still on.
The warmness of the silk duvet depends on how much silk is filled. Our queen silk duvet is 3.3lbs, 4.5lbs for king are good for winter 64F indoor with central heating.
Maintenance: Air dry in shaded area away from direct sunlight for two hours, two to three times a year. Spot clean the cotton cover with cleaning cloth and warm water. Always use the comforter with duvet cover.
Silk duvet vs. Down comforter
Silk duvets - The facts
- Mulberry silk duvets designed to let some of your body heat pass through the duvet while you sleep. By doing this they keep you warm but stop you from overheating throughout the night.
- Silk duvets keep you comfortable over a wider range of temperatures. Because they allow some of your body heat to escape they keep you contented rather than too hot or too cold.
- Long fiber mulberry silk is naturally healthier than down. Because there is less sweat produced by sleeping under silk duvets, there is less bacteria build-up in a silk duvet. Less bacteria build-up = a healthier bed.
- Silk filled duvets drape over you, hugging the contours of your body. By doing this they create less cold spots between you and the duvet covering you.
- Well made mulberry silk filled duvets, will not bunch together inside the duvet casing. The silk fill used in our comforter is a continuous fiber that meshed together after a series of washing and stretching by hand, then layered to form the silk fill. This means that there is no need for cross stitching to hold the silk in place. We do put random stitches inside to further guarantee the fill remains in place.
Down duvets - The facts
- Down and feather duvets are designed to stop your body heat from escaping through the duvet. This initially keeps you warm, but throughout the night your body heat continues to be reflected back at you and you overheat.
- Down duvets are unable to help keep you at a constant temperature and you will need a wider range of weights throughout the year.
- Down is a very good insulator, but can often be too good. Moisture trapped in down from body sweat is often unable to escape from the duvet. In advanced cases can result in unhealthy mould spots.
- Down duvets are soft, but still more rigid than silk duvets. Down is unable to drape over you the way in the same way silk duvets do - this is because there is physically more bulk in a down duvet.
- Most down duvets are stuffed and then sewn into individual pockets to keep the down in place. However, over time the down in these pockets bunches together which can make the duvet lumpy and uncomfortable to sleep under and create cold spots.
Size can be customized upon your request, just send us a message, you will hear back from us within ONE business day.
Twin /Twin XL: 70 inches wide x 92 inches long, silk filling weight around 2.3lbs / 1kg.
Full/Queen: 90 inches wide x 92 inches long, silk filling weight around 3.3lbs / 1.5kg.
King: 105 inches wide x 92 inches long, silk filling weight around 4.5lbs / 2kg.
California King: 105 inches wide x 100 inches long ,silk filling weight around 4.5lbs / 2kg.
- Care and Benefits:
- Air dry in shaded area away from direct sunlight for two hours, two to three times a year.